Pricing: LiveChat has different plans for businesses of all sizes. Their starter plan starts from $16 per agent per month billed annually, or $19 for month-to-month. Each plan comes with a 14-day free trial.
Pricing: ChatBot has various plans for businesses of all sizes. Their starter plan starts for $50 per month which gives you access to 1000 chats per month (essentially $0.01 / chat). Each plan comes with a 14-day free trial.
Pricing: Sendinblue offers different pricing plans, but you’ll need their Premium plan to access Chat feature. Pricing for the premium plan starts from $66 / month and includes up to 10 team members.
Pricing: Olark offers a simpler pricing plan starting from $17 per agent each month. There is a 12% discount if you choose annual billing and 29% discount for two-year billing. They also offer a 2-week free live chat support trial.
Pricing: LiveAgent has a limited free plan and their paid plans start from $15 per month per agent.
Pricing: They offer a free plan and a Pro plan starting from $9.80 per agent/month.
Pricing: Their essential plan starts from $87 / month, after which pricing is calculated based on your usage and add-ons you purchase.
Pricing: They offer a free live chat support service plan for up to 10 team members. Their paid plans start from $15 per user per month and are billed yearly.
Pricing: You will have to request a quote to get pricing information based on your needs.
Pricing: A basic free-forever plan and their paid plans start from $8 per month per agent.
Pricing: A basic free plan, and their paid plan starts $79 / month billed annually.
Pricing: The Standard plan starts at $50 / month billed annually, and it comes with 2 seats. If you want the bot feature, then you will have to upgrade to the Pro plan which starts at $500 / month billed annually, and it comes with 5 seats.
- Have user go to chaport.com/ choose pricing/ choose signup for free.
- Choose wordpress and it will go to a page with instructions.
- They don't need to do anything on that page.
- User will get an email to confirm their account and take them to their dash.
- Then we need their login info and we can configure
- On wordpress, do add new widget, chaport.
- In settings choose APP ID, copy the APP ID from the settings on chaport.
- Set profile of client admin, working hours and set "auto toggle status" if they want to have online/offline status set based on hours. Or don't set "auto toggle status" if they want to log in chaport to manually set that.
- Use status appearance to set color of chat interface, rest can leave alone
- Leave auto invitations alone and it will auto open to ask the user if they need something. after they have been on the site for 15 seconds.
- Do not need to configure chatbots, it works fine without those